Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The baby shower

This weekend, as most of you know, was the baby shower. It was suppose to snow so I went up the night before and spent the night. Sure enough, we awoke to a snow storm, which prevented one of Brittany's friends from Salt Lake from attending. There were three who did remember and weren't inhibited by the bad weather. We ate some yummy foods, played a couple of games and she opened presents. I was running around so much that I forgot to take a lot of pictures.
Sorry Mama ;)
They were happy for the swing that Eva, Mary, Becca and Amanda got them. They got it all set up and is actually cuter in person than the picture on the box.
Brittany's sister knitted this afghan for them- way cute!
I made this blanket and gave them a wooden sign that has Mackenzie and "Daddy's little princess" on it.
This was one of the games where I melted candy bars in diapers and you had to try and guess what kind of candy bar it was. It was really fun.
(I know, what a waste of perfectly good candy bars)

Here are the things they got that day (other than the swing that didn't fit into the close up shot).

I think it was pretty fun. We made cute party favors that were little milk cartons only made from card stock and stamped with flowers, butterflies and hearts. I filled them with kisses, dove hearts and mini candy bars. Then we tied the top together with ribbon and had a little tag that said "Thanks" on it. I was kind of glad I had leftovers because they were so cute.

By the way, a new favorite recipe because it is so easy in a pinch:
Home Made Oreos
2 boxes of Devils Food Cake mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
Beat until mixed and moist. Roll into balls & bake @ 375* for 8-10 min. Let them cool then put vanilla frosting on bottom of one, then put the bottom of another on the other side.
Variations: I used pink frosting for the baby shower and is still was yummy.
**If anyone tries using a different kind of cake mix, let me know how it works out!

2 comments:

The Fabulous Fosters said...

Thanks for the pics, they are wonderful. The sister missionaries have been making the homeade oreos out here and everyone loves them.

Becca said...

Way cute afghan!! She did a very good job on it. Sarah how could you wast good candy like that:-)