Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sleeping with the Sharks

On Saturday Megan and I went up with her girl scout troop to Mall of America to sleep with the sharks and shop. Most of the girls had there moms with them so that was nice not to feel like you were having to babysit.
Our sleep with the sharks adventure included:
*A night hike through the Aquarium
*Behind the scenes tour of the aquarium and the vet room & kitchen

*Pizza party
*Crafts (like making a shark tooth necklace)
*Sleeping in the tunnel blanketed by the sea animals was the best part of all
*Light breakfast
*A free "I slept with the sharks t-shirt

This is at the touch pool. They have all this cool stuff that you can pet with 1 finger gently. They had a star fish, sea cucumber, horse shoe crab, hermit crabs & lots & lots more!


This is us in the tunnel. I wish it wasn't so dark cuz then you could see all the fish behind us.

This is Megan and her good friend Cameron.We went shopping with her and her mom (Connie Repta, Rachel's old friend from high school) most of Saturday and Sunday. My legs felt like Jell-o by the time we got done. We walked 8 miles around the mall on Saturday and 5 on Sunday.


They have the Nickelodeon Universe Park in the mall and what kind of mom would I be if I didn't let my kid go on a ride. I told her that she could pick out one ride and she picked a log ride. She had never been on one before so I don't think she knew what to think, but when she got off she couldn't stop talking about it. If they didn't cost so much ($6.00 for one 2 min. ride) I would have let her go some more. I had a good time. Thanks to all of you that bought girl scout cookies from Megan so that they had the money as a troop to do this. It was way cool. If anyone gets the chance to do this I would jump on it. (families can go and do it also)


1 comment:

The Fabulous Fosters said...

Way to go Megan, you look brave on the ride. It was a neat experience I think.